Young Female Researchers Mentoring at ASRU 2019
ASRU 2019 is pleased to announce that we will host a mentoring event, YFRM@ASRU, for young female researchers!
YFRM@ASRU will be for female researchers, that include undergraduate, masters and PhD students as well as fresh PhD graduates, who are currently working in speech science and technology. Mentoring aims to provide a warm environment to discuss problems such as academia vs industry, woman in science, stress management, and professional development. This event will be organized into round tables. Each table will be assigned an expert (either academia or industry), 1-2 fresh PhD graduates, 6-8 students, and given a topic.
Refreshments will be provided.
There will be a registration for all interested female researchers (with a topic submission and/or selection for table assignment) as the capacity is limited by room size. Female researchers from speech-related disciplines participating in ASRU 2019 are invited to apply.
- Berrak Sisman (NUS & I2R, Singapore)
- Bidisha Sharma (NUS, Singapore)
- Lori Lamel (LIMSI, France)
- Catharina Oertel (EPFL, Switzerland)
- Odette Scharenborg (Delft University of Technology, Netherlands)
- Isabel Trancoso (INESC-ID, Instituto Superior Técnico, Portugal)
- Yi Zhou (NUS, Singapore)
- Qinyi Wang (NUS, Singapore)
- Xiaoxue Gao (NUS, Singapore)
- Junsi Lu (NUS, Singapore)
- Wei Rao (NUS, Singapore)